Sunday, October 16, 2016

I will eventually catch up!!!


Sunday, September 11 - Wednesday, September 14

These days went by pretty quietly. Sunday Involved more weeding bricks with (un)helpful dogs, and organizing cupboards and storage when the wind became overly ambitious.



Monday: I didn't take any photos on Monday. I don't remember what I did. Except I downloaded a photo of Amber. Fail.

Tuesday: Harvesting veg for Hilary's parents Tony and Sandra, who are enjoying a visit to the east coast of Canada and the US.


Wednesday: No photos. Fail.


Thursday, September 15

My 1st trip to Belfast. I was able to enjoy a city tour bus without rain, though the sky threatened all day. The history of Northern Ireland -- Belfast in particular -- is not something i learned in school, which is a shame. My lack of knowledge did make my visit more enriching, however; I learned enough to whet my appetite for more.


Notice the moose head under the lamp -- a gift from Canada.




The Titanic Experiece!! You can't call it a museum when it has a ride in it!!




Friday, September 16

We picked up Ludo from Hilary's trainer and took him to the vet's for an ultrasound. It's so foreign to me, the idea of taking the horse to the vet as opposed to the vet coming to the horse. I suppose that part of the reason is that N. Ireland is pretty small; it doesn't take long to get anywhere.


Saturday, September 17

I met some lovely friends of H's, who came over for supper. Fiona and William have the farm next door, with about 50 head of dairy cows. I made a yummy caramelized onion, roasted beet, and goat cheese tart, and my (famous?) chocolate quinoa cake. You'd never know it's not flour!



Sunday, September 18

We took the dogs down to the beach for a run, meeting Polly and her two dogs, a lovely yellow lab and a young lurcher, who I think is such a cool looking dog. Tilly was in heaven, and there was a group riding lesson being taught. On the beach. #childhooddreamunfulfilled


Also, Slemish. 
Seriously.



No comments:

Post a Comment